The Points of Light Civic Accelerator graduated its fourth cohort at the World of Coca-Cola last night. Fourteen ventures, selected from a pool of more than 200 applicants, gave three-minute pitches to a panel of four judges, who presented awards for most innovative idea and greatest potential for community impact. A third award, selected by the audience, was given for the night’s best pitch.
Cohort 4 included three Atlanta-based teams:
- City Pioneers– nonprofit organization raising money to build a Civic Innovation Center to host hackathons, workshops and other educational events. City Pioneers received the award for Best Pitch.
- SEMA Development– developer of mobile games that help nonprofit organizations raise money
- WorkReadyGrad– social network connecting career-minded college students with potential employers and alumni
The remaining teams represented San Francisco, Washington, D.C., St. Louis, Minneapolis, College Park (Md.), and Chicago:
- Food Recovery Network– student-led food recovery program
- urbnearth– outdoor urban gardening tools
- Zealous Good– platform connecting individuals and companies who have excess goods or merchandise with nonprofits that need them
- Catalysts by Design– design consultancy partnering with local communities and organizations to resolve critical social challenges
- CODE2040– nonprofit organization providing mentorship, leadership training and network development for black and Latino software engineering students
- Project SYNcERE– science, technonology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) enrichment program for K-12 students
- EdgeFlip– software solution for amplifying the influence of nonprofits, advocacy groups and other social good organizations
- Linkedcause– branded, transactional campaign platform for charitable organizations
- Piggybackr– online, team-based crowdfunding platform for users of all ages
- tinygive– microphilanthropy platform enabling users to support causes through social media
Established in 2012, the Points of Light Civic Accelerator is a 12-week program for early stage social ventures in small to mid-sized US cities. The accelerator program is open to nonprofit, for-profit and hybrid ventures and has invested more than $450,000 into its cohorts since its first cohort in the winter of 2012. Civic Accelerator teams have gone on to collectively raise more than $5 million.
Pictures from last night’s pitch night are below:
And here is Civic Accelerator President Ayesha Khanna on Cohort 4:
Stopping its business from shrinking seems unlikely for AT For example, there is likely a floor to AT wireline business declines, but based on the accelerating rate of decline in recent years, AT has not yet reached that floor and further declines seem imminent. Also, AT wireless business seems likely to face continued pressure going forward given the intense competition in the industry cheap oakleys
with regards to service and price. And AT newly acquired DIRECTV business seems to be facing accelerating challenges with more people giving up pay TV altogether. Perhaps AT can slow the rate of decline by bundling its services (Internet, phone and pay TV) in a way that makes it harder for people to leave. For example, it seems people are much more likely to give up TV than Internet, and AT may be able to offer compelling bundled pricing discounts that at least slows the rate of decline.One of the best features of sports games is the ability to insert yourself into the action with http://www.cheapjerseysupplyforyou.com
perfect stats Fake ray bans
and rock hard abs, even though you started wheezing when you bent over to pick up the controller. Unfortunately, you’re usually limited to designing a face that kinda sorta looks a Cheap Football Jerseys
little bit like you.What is the one word you want to use? One word. Shameful. I don’t know they can be embarra embarrassed. Somebody might tell the people they’re not actually wearing clothes. They don’t seem to care. The ratings are going up. The Fake Oakleys Cheap
popularity of the league is not threatened. But the players’ association says even further that it’s endangering the players. Barron’s has taken on Kinder Morgan for quite a while. For the time being it looks as if the bear attacks were successful. More NFL Jerseys Cheap
sellside analysts will also have to consider the change in narrative and potentially downgrade Kinder Morgan’s stock, which will have, first and foremost, negative implications for KMI and its prospects for capital appreciation. The stock may be up after Kinder Morgan announced the dividend cut, but there is a very real chance that the stock will head for new lows in the weeks ahead as more negative commentary trickles in.The enemy is not profitability or success. The enemy is gluttony, apathy, bitterness, and inaction. No one who cowers into these qualities is truly successful, just as those who are merely wealthy are not necessarily successful in the truest sense. We all desire to be and to admire the individual who embodies selflessness, compassion, justice, mastery, and excellence.Straight out of the ”if it’s good for soccer it’s good for footy” category, the idea to allow play to continue if the ball rebounded off the Fake ray ban Sunglasses sale
goal post back into the field of play was designed as another way to liven up footy in February. Alas this Wizard Cup initiative didn’t last.